Preschool Combo- This 45 minute class is designed to enhance your child’s motor, listening, and social skills through dance activities. Dancers will be introduced to basic ballet,Tap, technique and tumbling!
K-2nd Combo Basics- Dancers will learn routines in various styles to develop technique and performance skills in Jazz,Lyrical,Tap, Tumbling.
7-10yrs Combo Basics- Dancers will learn routines in various styles to develop technique and performance skills in Jazz,Lyrical,Hip Hop, Tumbling.
Tumbling- (Acrobatics/tumbling) is centered on fundamental acrobatic technique to increase flexibility, strength, balance, coordination, endurance, timing, body awareness, self-discipline, and confidence. Classes focus on proper hand placement and body alignment with emphasis on the muscles and flexibility required to perform proper technique.
• Level I: Introductory level class that will build acro skills and knowledge of the basics. Students will learn skills including a bridge, forward pike roll, pre-cartwheel, somersault, straddle and tuck jumps, and more.
• Level II: This class will cover somersault variations, right & left cartwheels, handstand, elbow handstand, bridge kick-over, bridge straight legs feet together, backbend from standing up, round off, backbend stand up,front/back walkover(with spot)
• Level III: The next progression of acro focuses on backbend kickover, chest stand, handstand tuck and roll, handstand to backbend, forearm stand, fish flop, front walkover, back walkover, switch leg back walkover, switch leg front walkover, one-handed back walkover, one-handed front walkover, front handspring, side aerials (introduction), Arabian limber, headstand variations, standing back handspring (with spot) If student advances, back tuck etc.
Ballet- Ballet is the foundation of all dance forms and will maximize technique and longevity in a career of dance. It provides grace, poise, and technique needed to be proficient in all other areas of dance. Ballet classes will help dancers with posture, flexibility, fitness, balance, self-discipline, and self-confidence.
• Pre Ballet- This is an introductory class containing ballet and creative movement. Young dancers will learn the basic ballet steps while learning how to follow direction and imitate movement and gross motor skill development games in a positive and fun environment. Engaging music is used to get these little ones inspired to dance.
• Level l- For beginner dancers ready to learn the basics of ballet (recommended for ages 6.5+). Students will build off of the five positions, master plié variations and tendus, among other level-appropriate skills. Dancers will use both barre and centre floor. Dancers will work to master level I curriculum to move on to level II with the instructor’s recommendation.
• Level ll-This class will take the skills learned in level I and build upon them to strengthen the dancer's precision and ability. Students will advance onto more difficult skills and utilize both barre and centre floor work to improve their technique.
• Level lll-For advanced ballet dancers looking to challenge their previous knowledge and training. Students will learn more difficult combinations and skills, while developing finesse and classic style. Dancers must master all level I and II skills and technique to enroll in this level with instructor’s recommendation.
Tap l/ll -This basic tap class is designed to develop rhythm, style and sound. Students will learn a variety of tap styles from Broadway to Rhythm tap. Exercises focus on building flexibility of the knee and ankles, coordination, and speed of movement. The class emphasis is on developing proper tap technique, producing clear tap sounds, and having fun. As students progress through each level curriculum will become increasingly more complex and intricate.
Lyrical/Contemporary- Contemporary combines ballet and modern techniques with musical and emotional expression with a strong focus on modern techniques (contractions and release, off-center balances and suspension) as well as musicality and self expression. Introductory level technique and focus on interpreting music and choreography. Students will work on ability to pick up stylized choreography and movements.
Hip Hop Crews- Hip Hop incorporates a variety of old and new urban dance styles. The dancing represents body movements that go with the beat and rhythm of hip hop music. Hip hop dancing is very dynamic and helps the dancers improve flexibility develop body balance, and coordination.
• Hip Hop Crew l- Coeducation, this class serves as an introduction to hip hop dance for the younger student. Using games and music, the class focuses on rhythm, musicality and basic footwork. It is a great way to get kids moving!
• Hip Hop Crew ll- Coeducation, great for beginner/intermediate level dancers looking for a fun, upbeat class. Incorporates more intricate choreography and movement with faster-paced routines and music.
• Hip Hop Crew llI- incorporates intricate body movements, strong acrobatic moves, coordination, and style. Students will be led through freezes,breakdancing, footwork and top rocks, among other skills.Incorporates more intricate choreography and movement with faster-paced routines and music.
Jazz- Jazz dance is an exploration of style and presentation. Classes emphasize musicality and body alignment, conditioning, stretch and strengthening, rhythm and stylization as well as fun and innovative choreography.
• Jazz l-Introduces dancers to the jazz genre and basic technical skills (i.e. jazz walk, chaine turns, single pirouettes, jetes and kicks). Builds dancers' style and confidence while working on musicality and the ability to pick up choreography and connect steps and skills together with fun, upbeat music.
• Jazz ll-An introduction to the jazz genre, this class focuses on upbeat tempo choreography and developing technique. Dancers will utilize basic jazz technique while also developing the ability to pick up and memorize stylized movements.
• Jazz lll-For dancers that have previous dance training. Builds on understanding more intricate choreography and fast-paced movement with a focus on developing style and strong technique. Students should master level I skills before progressing to this more advanced class.
Open Technique- This class is designed to work on strength, flexibility, and the 'tricks' of dance. Improve your dance technique through this power packed class! No choreography is taught in this class, though short combos might be used to link skills together.
Competition Companies- We offer four levels of competition teams ranging from 5-19 years of age. Dancers compete twice a year in Mesa, Az. Please contact us for more information.
Cheer & Pom- Students will learn a variety of cheer chants and routines along with basic to advanced stunting groups. This class will incorporate tumbling skills of all levels. Option: Cheer competitions and performances at football games.
Open Gym- Get 1 on 1 tumbling coaching every Saturday.
Barre Fitness- Every Barre Fitness class is fun and empowering class set to today's hottest music. Classes begin with a warm up focusing on postural strength and alignment, followed by series of upper body exercise using light weights. The ballet Barre is used to sculpt the lower body, abs and flexibility training. Call 520-508-9888 for more information.
Jazzercise- high intensity mix of dance-based cardio and strength training for a calorie-crushing total body workout. Incinerate up to 800 calories in this 60 minute class. With Dance Mixx you’ll get toned target zones, increased energy and a mood boost. You'll leave it all on the dance floor. https://www.facebook.com/sierravistajazzercise/
Zumba- Zumba is a fitness program that combines Latin and international music with dance moves. Zumba routines incorporate interval training — alternating fast and slow rhythms — and resistance training. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1624185447820942/about/